Wednesday, April 3, 2013

KNOCK KNOCK

“KNOCK KNOCK!”


“Who’s there?”

“GOD!”

"Oh, oh. God who?”

“GOD WHO? WHAT DO YOU MEAN GOD WHO? HOW MANY OTHER GODS DO YOU KNOW?”

“You’ve got a point there. Well, you sound like God and you talk like god. Maybe you really are God."

“I CAN’T BELIEVE WE’RE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION.”

“I hope you’re not still mad at me about not believing in you. I never believed in you because I didn’t think you were real. But having you knock on the door changes everything.”

“LOOK YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME AND PROBABLY YOURSELF ALSO.”

“Well how many people do you know that get a personal visit from God? Not very many. Already I can’t tell anybody who visited me this afternoon. I’ve got to keep it secret. People would think I was crazy,”

A lot of people believe in god, but many don’t think he’s very dependable. Others think that prayers will be answered in the order received. Others say God helps those who help themselves. But the point is you can’t ask for something and get it just like that.. God moves on his own timetable, not the other way around.. Ask for something this morning, you might get it this afternoon, but you know it’ll probably be Tuesday or Wednesday next week before he gets around to it. Some people get tired of waiting and just go ahead and help themselves, which is probably a good time and labor saving device on a global scale. But what about sporting events like the Super Bowl where there are millions of fans on each side hoping their team will win? How does God decide? Does he let the team with the most prayers win? Or does he have a secret agenda? Does God have a favorite football team himself?

“God, you’ve got to help me answer some of these questions that have been driving me crazy for years. God? Please answer me? Oh God? ....GOD?...”

No comments: